top of page

I received the Vacant Property Registration Ordinance... now what?

To send a correction...

To send a correction to Restoring Trenton, contact us!

To register as a landlord...

To register as a landlord for buildings with one to two dwelling units, fill out the State of New Jersey landlord registration form. Contact the Bureau of Housing Inspection at (609) 633-6240 for registration applications for buildings with three or more dwelling units.

To apply for an exemption...

To apply for an exemption from the property registration fee, fill out the City of Trenton exemption application form. Learn more about what situations qualify for an exemption and the evidence you are required to submit. This form is due before the registration deadline. This form and accompanying documentation can be mailed or emailed to

To register a vacant property...

To register a vacant property, submit the vacant property registration form and payment of the $250 registration fee. We recommend completed forms and check payments to be mailed or delivered together to 319 East State Street, City of Trenton, City Hall, 3rd Floor, Trenton, NJ 08608.

To renew a property registration...

To renew a property registration, submit the vacant property registration form and payment of the $400 renewal fee. Note that this fee increases for each year of renewal.

Featured Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Instagram Social Icon
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
bottom of page